MDF-500® Is Proven To Be Used As a Covid-19 Sanitization Product
MDF-500® is applied with a low volume fogger that disperses the product in a finely atomized mist in the air. Because it is misted, it is a very efficient and time-saving option to sanitize a large space or building. Also, since it is misted, it gets behind things and under things – places that are hard to reach with more traditional sanitizers.
MDF-500® is a patented product that destroys pathogens. The MDF-500® function is environmentally benign (non-toxic and non –corrosive) and works on all materials and surfaces without damaging them.
MDF-500® Kills Coronavirus, But It Will Also Destroy:
- Aids Virus
- Avian Influenza A, H9N2 (bird flu)
- Coronavirus- COVID-19
- Ebola Virus
- Influenza A & B
- Influenza IVBrazil virus
- Herpes Simplex Type 1 &2
- Hepatitis C &B
- HIV-1 Virus
- Human and Canine Coronavirus
- Variola Virus (Smallpox)
- Ba. Anthracis (Anthrax)
- Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and epidermidi
- E-coli (ESBL and 0157:1-17)
- Enterococcus faecalis and faecium (VRE)
- C. Botulinum (Botulism)
- Listerta monocytogenes
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
Why MDF-500® for Covid-19 Sanitization?
In a 2004 study by Sandia National Laboratory, MDF-500® was proven to kill coronavirus on surfaces within 1-minute of contact with 99.99999% efficacy.
MDF-500®’s major point is Ease / Efficiency of Application and Effectiveness. One good thing, if there is a good thing about coronaviruses, is that they are not very hardy. So, several household products are proven to kill coronavirus by spray and wipe.
Our application is by a low volume fogging machine that disperses a finely atomized mist in the air and on surfaces that kills the virus at the molecular level – both airborne and on surfaces. Let’s use the example of a school sanitization. If a school were to be sanitized with a sprayed product:
- It would take an army or team days to wipe down every surface in the school.
- They would never get every area.
- They would be handling a corrosive product.
- They would not be attacking anything airborne.
- They would be amateur laborers.
Completely inefficient from a labor and effectiveness perspective. Whereby our product is delivered by a certified technician with a low volume fogger. Our fog disperses rapidly and as it is a fog, it gets behind things, underthings, and in places that a wipe could never efficiently reach. One technician could fog and the entire average size school in several hours and attain results that “The Wipers” could never. Aside from the effectiveness and efficiency, the labor cost saving is tremendous.
Benefits of Using MDF-500® For
- MDF-500® carries a Hazard Rating of 0 on the Scientific Standard Hazard Scale of 0 to 4 – common bleach carries a rating of 4.
- MDF-500® is 1000 times less corrosive than bleach and many other products that claim to kill viruses and mold.
- MDF-500® is registered with the EPA – Registration #’s: 91899-1 and 91899-2.
- MDF-500® use does not require the handling of deadly or dangerous chemicals such as Lye, Phenol, or Boric Acid nor does it require the mixing of powders or chemicals that can be harmful.
- It has no impact on painted surfaces, ceilings, wood, or other surfaces. It is safe for use around electronic equipment.
- MDF-500® leaves no harmful residue.
- After the MDF-500® fog dries, all that remains is a microscopically thin (invisible) dry film on all horizontal surfaces.
- We have heard that many of our competitors are mixing bleach and/or other corrosive materials with water and releasing from foggers! Very dangerous, toxic, corrosive, and ineffective. It will also ruin electronic equipment and eat away at wiring. Also releasing water in the air will eventually lead to future mold problems.
- MDF-500® ranks at a 7-Log Kill which is the highest efficacy possible on the Log Kill Standard Scale which equals a 99.99999% kill rate. Log Kill is a reference to a standard base logarithmic scale.
- Sandia Labs tested MDF-500® and reported a 7-Log Kill Efficacy on selected organisms in their patent disclosures. These organisms included anthrax, viruses, mold, and plague pathogens.
Summary of Sandia Test Results On Covid-19 Sanitization
The purpose of these experiments was to determine the effectiveness of Sandia National Laboratories test decontamination formulations to inactivate SARS coronavirus by using a close relative, BCV (Bovine Coronavirus) that would react similarly. Physiochemical groups of viruses (i.e. coronaviruses) are generally recognized to react similarly to each other with regard to sensitivity to chemical agents. The results indicate that all test formulations including Sandia DF-200D® and Modec MDF-200® were highly effective in complete BCV inactivation in contact times as low as 1 minute even in the presence of various organic challenges. The loss of infectivity of the treated viruses is a result of the disruption of important structures on the surface (namely the viral receptor cites) that physically prevent successful attachment and subsequent penetration into the host cell.
After the detennination of various experimental parameters (i.e. exposure, concentration) of the formulations, final testing was conducted on BCV. All experiments were conducted with various organic challenges (horse serum, bovine feces, compost) for results that more accurately represent field use conditions. The MS-2 and T4 were slightly more resistant than BCV (Bovine Coronavirus) and required a 2-minute exposure while BCV was completely inactivated after a 1-minute exposure. These results were also consistent for the testing conducted in the presence of the various organic challenges indicating that the test formulations are highly effective for real world application.
In conclusion, the Sandia National Laboratories test formulations used in this study resulted in complete viral inactivation with relatively short contact times with reduced concentrations and even in the presence of organic materials.
Please see the complete testing result PDF document at the bottom of this page.
Also, to better understand the names in the testing results document below, the product was originally called MDF-200®, then Modec/Sandia sold the patent to our parent company, Span World, and now it is referred to as MDF-500®. We are the exclusive distributor of Span World products in Virginia.
Schedule a Free In-Home Evaluation and Estimate Today!
Our company, Green Solutions, LLC, is a Class-A Virginia State Contractor (License# 2705-171965). We are Bonded at $100,000 and Insured for Liability at $2 million. We also carry full Workers Compensation Insurance. We are OSHA Certified in Mold Remediation. We are also an IICRC Certified Restoration / Remediation Contractor.